Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

New Quilt - Inspired By A Girl's Top I Saw At Work

You never know what will inspire you or when.

As some of you know, I work as a sales associate at a well-known department store.  I'm supposed to working in the Catalog Dept.  But more often than not, I assigned to the Children's Dept.  One of my tasks is to refold all the clothes that customers unfold while shopping.  One line of our girl's clothes, mostly the tops, have tons of glitter on them.  It's probably really not that much, but when  you refold stack after stack, glitter gets everywhere.  I've already told one of the supervisors that I'm going to dress as fairy for Halloween.  All I'll need are the wings because I'll already be covered in glitter.

Anyway.  The other day as I was folding these tops, the colors and the pattern of the colors of one really caught my eye.  My mind immediately began planning a quilt top based on these colors and the design.  The top was white with lime green and turquoise.  I loved it!

Today I made a trip to JoAnn's and picked out some fabric in colors that I thought would work.  The background of my quilt top will be white, just like the top, with lime green and some turquoise for an accent.  The fabric is now washed, dried, strings trimmed, folded, and waiting to be pressed and cut.  I've got my fingers crossed that I have enough fabric.  I think it will depend on what size I decide to make the quilt.
In real life, the colors are bright, but I don't think they are this bright!

I also got some embroidery thread to match.  I'm not sure if I'm going to embroider the setting squares or not.  I'm really thinking I might.  And that will probably depend on how frustrated I get trying to relearn to use my embroidery machine again.  It's been ages since I've used it for embroidery.

If I'm as happy with this quilt as I think I will be, I'm going to make another one but using purple in place of the turquoise.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment