Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nine Patches & Gifts

Work has been good this week.  I've had a good schedule.  But for some reason, shortly after I get home each day, I have collapsed in exhaustion. I'm hoping I'll have some time Saturday to play/work in the craft room.

I received my 'reveal' gift and card from my Splitcoast Summer Secret Sister this week.  She has been the absolute greatest! This is the card and the contents of the package.  I can't wait to create something with the goodies!



Last weekend I started on the TG quilt.  The name of the quilt is changing day by day.  I don't know what I'll finally end up calling it.  I'm also not sure what size it will be.  I planned to make a small quilt for my granddaughter.  Then I thought, well, a twin size quilt might be better.  But realizing my limitations due to my time, attention span, and pain/fatigue, I think it will be smaller as I originally planned.  When the grandchildren are big enough to need a bed size quilt, I'll teach them how to make their own.



I've done a little online shopping and placed a couple of orders this week. I'm getting some Cricut replacement blades and cutting mats since I'm planning to be using it quite a bit in the next few weeks/months/however long.  I also ordered the backing (can't remember the name) for fabric so I can cut shapes for appliqueing on quilts.  I'll be using it on this quilt.  And my most important purchase, a Spyder monitor color calibration tool.  I have no idea how accurate the colors are in the photos I've been posting.  Next week, hopefully, I can be sure.  But then, I don't know that everyone else's monitors are calibrated, so many may still not be seeing them accurately.  Just the chances you take, I suppose.

Quote of the Day:  “Our lives improve only when we take chances and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.” Walter Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment