Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quilt Progress & Art Philosophy

I've finished sewing the nine patch squares into strips with the setting squares and then sewing the strips together to form the quilt top.
I really do need a proper Design Wall in my Sewing/Craft room.

I used my Cricut and my Close To My Heart 'Art Philosophy' cartridge to cut the letters for my granddaughter's name and I machine appliqued the letters to the quilt.  I really do need to practice more with the machine appliqueing.  And it's unlikely you will see close up photos of the appliqued letters on the quilt.

 Now I need to decide on the binding and get more fabric for the backing and whatever border and binding I decide on. I think I want to do Prairie Points. Or I could add a more traditional border and make the quilt larger/longer.  I'm not really sure if I want to do that, though.  The sewing part would be easy enough.  The only drawback would be the weight and bulk of the quilt while trying to machine quilt it. But I seriously may do that.  But I really like Prairie Points, too.

More about the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge package: I call it package because that's what it is.  In addition to the cartridge, you get three sets of stamps and three 9" X 12" sheets of Dimensional Elements.   And as nice as the stamp sets and Dimensional Elements are, the cartridge ROCKS!  I don't know how they did it, but they packed 700 images into it! When I first saw the price, I thought it was a little steep.  Then I saw what you got with it and I couldn't wait to get mine.  I did have to wait, though, for payday.  But it was well worth the wait.  I can't wait to get my paper out and start playing!

By the way, September is National Stamping Month and with a $75 purchase, you can get a double stamp set valued at $35.90 for FREE! It's a great set - very versatile.  If you have a cricut and want the cartridge, this is an excellent time to expand your stamp library.  And you know, don't you, that with every $50 of your order, you can get the Stamp of the Month for only $5.  Order the Art Philosophy cartridge, a couple of ink pads and/or acrylic blocks and you will qualify for the FREE stamp set and two Stamp of the Month sets for $5 each - one for you and one for a friend. Does it get any better than that?  Can you see now why I love Close To My Heart?

Anyway.  I'll be posting updates on the quilt and cards or scrapbooking pages soon. I hope.  I work tomorrow, Sunday, & Monday. And then we're going camping. May not have time and internet access at the same time for the next week or so. In the meantime . . . .

Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment