Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cards & Albums

With my new Sewing/Scrapping room in operating condition, I spent last weekend working on a long awaited project and making a couple of cards.  I received my order for the Close To My Heart "Mischief" Workshop On The Go kit, the "Wicked" August Stamp of the Month stamp set, plus a few other things and couldn't wait to use them. I need a quick birthday card for our youngest grandson and came up with this:
The colors are way off on all my photos for this post. Please pretend you are seeing the beautiful colors they really are.
The rocket and the stars and swirls at the bottom of the card are from the Pair-A-Phrase stamp set (free with order of $75 through the month of September, National Stamping Month.)

The cat on this card is from the August Stamp of the Month (SOTM) "Wicked".  I usually am just not interested in the Halloween stamps, but this set looked like something I would use for quick cards for the grandkids. The background paper and embellishments are from the "Mischief" Workshop on the Go (WOTG) kit.
The cat stamped a solid black. I don't know why it photographed like this.

After making the cards, I pulled out my Bind-It-All and started my first album with it.  I've had my Bind-It-All for almost a year and it has sat in the box all this time.  I am tickled pink with it! I have so many more plans for it.  My first project was a Halloween album for my two grandsons in Washington state.  (I need to start the box to ship it tomorrow.  I'll add a few more things to the box.)  I hope my son and daughter-in-law will take lots of photos of the kids and put in the album for them along with some journaling to preserve the memories for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment